Last updated 25 April 2021
2. How We Collect Personal Information
During your use and engagement with the Service, we may collect your personal information (which includes but is not limited to your name, email address, phone number, delivery address, payment information, your device ID, geo-location information and details of Services we have previously provided to you or that you have enquired about). Further, third parties may collect your personal information when you use or interact with our Service. ChefPrep needs certain types of information from you to provide you with products and services. Please note that if you do not provide us with the relevant information, you may not be able to access services offered by ChefPrep or purchase products from ChefPrep.
We will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Generally, we will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide our products and services requested or ordered by you and to carry out our administrative functions or as required by law. We will not collect sensitive information from you.
We require individuals to provide accurate, up-to-date and complete personal information at the time it is collected.
In addition to the general information, we may collect to perform the Services, the additional personal information we collect from you includes, without limitation, the below.
Customer Provided Information:
- To purchase products from ChefPrep or to browse ChefPrep, we may collect personal information including your name, contact details, mailing and delivery address, email address and shopping or browsing behaviours.
- To purchase products from ChefPrep, you may need to provide payment and billing information. This information will be collected and processed by authorised third party payment processors, however, we may collect your payment and billing details to process refunds.
- You may interact with representatives of ChefPrep via email, chat or telephone calls and submit personal information as part of these interactions.
- You may interact with us on social media (e.g. by liking, or commenting on our posts or by private messaging our social media accounts).
- You may also submit data to us for the purposes of participating in quizzes, questionnaires, surveys, entering into competitions or signing up to receive communications (i.e. newsletters, advertising, etc) or interacting with our newsletters or product notifications.
Information Automatically Collected:
- When you use the Service, we automatically collect certain types of information or data by using cookies and other technologies. The types of information that we may collect includes your IP address, the search terms and websites that you visited before you came to the Service, information about your device type, browser type and operating system, the web page you visited or search terms you used before accessing the Service and your activity on the Service (e.g. what pages you viewed and what features you used).
- When you use the Service, we may collect precise location information about the progress of your order from our Delivery Provider. We may use location information to enable you to select your delivery address, to provide product recommendations, or to enhance features of the Service.
- While you may choose to disable location settings through your device, this may impact your use of the Service and prevent our Delivery Provider from making deliveries to you.
Information Collected by Third Parties:
- We may obtain your information from our third party analytics and other service providers or commercial partners who provide your personal information to us, which was collected by them pursuant to their particular privacy policies.
3. How We Use Personal Information
We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which the information is collected, or for a directly related purpose, including (but not limited to):
- Providing you with the Service: we use the information that you or relevant third parties provide to us to enable you to access and to make purchases on ChefPrep. This includes:
- to verify and enable you to access your ChefPrep account;
- to process purchases (including by passing your order on to Merchants and to facilitate billing you for using our Services) and to facilitate delivery of your order (through our Delivery Provider), provide customer support, and to enhance, develop and create the functionality and features of the Service;
- to provide you with recommendations for products, services or content on the Service, including advertising and marketing messages;
- to conduct market and customer research, analysis or tracking; and
- to improve our website or the Service by better understanding how you browse and use the website and the Service and what elements need improvement.
- Location Information:
- to provide you with communications around the progress and delivery of your order through the Service;
- to assist with the selection of your delivery address on the Service;
- to provide product recommendations to you and to enhance your experience of the Service.
- Communicating with you:
- to send you communications about products, services, sales or promotions on ChefPrep;
- to respond to your queries;
- Marketing and Advertising:
- to perform data analytics, conducting research and for advertising and marketing purposes;
- to deliver ads that are related to our products and services that are targeted and personalised;
- to enable third party businesses to deliver ads which are related to their products and services that may be of interest to you;
- we may use your information to show you ads on third party sites or to send you offers that we think are relevant to you.
- Legal: we use your information where we are legally required to do so (e.g. we may have an obligation to share data with certain legal authorities) and to meet our contractual commitments to you and third parties.
4. Information and Third Party Sharing
We may disclose information with third parties as described below:
- Employees and Consultants: we disclose personal information to employees, consultants or other representatives of ChefPrep.
- Authorised Vendors/Service Providers: we disclose information to authorised vendors or service providers (e.g. payment processors, Merchants, Delivery Providers, third party hosting platforms, etc) in order to operate the Service, process orders, fulfil orders, deliver Products, improve the Service and comply with our obligations to customers. ChefPrep authorises third party vendors and service providers to use the information only for the purpose that it was disclosed to them.
- Business Partners of Vendors: we may share your information with business partners or vendors in connection with the processing of any promotion, event or services organised by us.
- Advertising: we may share your information with advertising companies or third party ad servers to place personalised advertisements on the Service or on third party websites.
- Social networking: you may elect to log in or use our Services via various online accounts (including services like Facebook or Google). We may also facilitate your access to various online accounts such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter directly or indirectly through our Service.
- Analytics: we may share your information with analytics providers for the purposes of understanding how customers use the Service.
- Operations: we may share your information with agents, contracts or service providers who provide operational services to ChefPrep in order to provide services to you, such as processing, fraud detection or monitoring, information technology, market research, customer analysis or tracking, security or other services which enable you to use the Service.
- Legal and Advisors: we may share your information if we believe that the disclosure of such information is required under law or for us to comply with a legal obligation. We may also share your information with relevant advisors (e.g. auditors, lawyers, ccountants, tax advisors, etc) in order to operate the Service.
5. Choices about your Information
You may update your account information on the Service by logging into your account and updating your details. Where we have your express or implied consent, or where we are otherwise permitted by law, we may use your personal information to send you information about products and services we believe are suited to you and your interests or we may invite you to attend special events. You can also stop receiving promotional emails from us by selecting “unsubscribe” on the email. Please note that there are certain types of communications that you may not “unsubscribe” from, including account verification, changes or updates to the Terms of Service, technical or security notices, etc.
If you want to opt out of collection of certain information, please refer to your mobile or browser’s technical information on how to delete or disable cookies and other tracking tools. Please note that some devices may restrict or prevent you from deleting or disabling tracking mechanisms and that deleting or disabling such tracking tools may restrict features of the Service. In addition, you may wish to close your account or choose not to provide us with certain information.
For a change of personal information that cannot be corrected by you updating your account, you may request us to access and correct the personal information by contacting us email@example.com. We use all reasonable endeavours to deal with any requests within 14 business days.
Subject to some exceptions provided by law, you may request access to your personal information in our customer account database, or seek correction of it, by contacting us. Should we decline you access to your personal information, we will provide a written explanation setting out our reasons for doing so.
We may charge a reasonable fee that is not excessive to cover the charges of retrieving your personal information from our customer account database. We will not charge you for making the request. Please note that we may not be able to comply with all requests due to infringing rights of other customers or third parties. If we are unable to resolve your requests, you have the option of reporting the issue or making a complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You may also wish to opt out of certain communications or stop using the Service.
6. How we Transfer and Store your Information
Your information collected through the Service will be stored and processed in Australia. We may transfer information about you to other countries or jurisdictions and you consent to such transfer of the information to other countries in which vendors or providers maintain their facilities.
When your information is: (i) no longer required for any reason connected to the purpose it was originally collected; or (ii) retention by us is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes, ChefPrep will implement measures to ensure such personal information is either destroyed or anonymised.
ChefPrep employs a number of technical measures (e.g. requiring a unique password) to maintain the security of your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information and for limiting access to your email accounts. While we take reasonable steps to prevent security breaches, we cannot warrant or ensure the security of any information that you provide to ChefPrep. We cannot guarantee that your personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of our technical measures and other protective measures and you provide us with your personal information at your own risk.
7. Third Party Services and Websites
ChefPrep and third party service providers may use information collected to tailor advertisements and deliver content to you via our Service or via third party services, apps or websites. ChefPrep and our third party service providers may use information to try identify users across multiple devices and to serve you with tailored content and advertising. You can opt out of cross device tracking through your device settings.
We may use Google Analytics and Facebook Insight’s tool on the Service to provide us with data tracking. For Google Analytics, please see this link for how your data is collected and this link for instructions on how to opt-out of Google Analytics. For Facebook Insights, please see this link for how your data is collected and this link for instructions on how to opt-out of Facebook ads.
You consent to your personal information being disclosed or transferred to any third party recipients that are located outside of Australia required to provide our website or Services, and you acknowledge and agree that we have no obligation to take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information that is transferred or disclosed to such third party recipients will be treated in a manner that is consistent with the APPs. You also agree that insofar as the law allows, we have no liability to you or anyone else for any breach by any third party recipients of the APPs.
8. ChefPrep Service
When transmitting personal information from your computer to the ChefPrep Service, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error-free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, we will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
The ChefPrep website may use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but if you do so, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the ChefPrep website.
9. Merger or Sale
If ChefPrep (including some of its assets) are acquired by or merged with a third party in connection with a change of ownership, ChefPrep reserves the right to transfer or assign the information that has been collected from you to the relevant third party.
10. How to Contact Us
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ChefPrep Pty Ltd Attention: Privacy 85 Brisbane Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 Australia